- This competition (Competition) is conducted by Liberty Financial Pty Ltd ABN 55 077 248 983 of 16/535 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, (Tel 13 11 33) Australian Credit Licence 286596 (we, us our).
- This Competition commences upon us posting a competition post on our Instagram page @liberty_freethinking on Monday 25 October 2021 (Instagram Competition post)and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) on Sunday 7 November 2021
- This Competition is only open to Australian residents who:
- have not breached these Terms and Conditions;
- are aged 18 or above, or have consent from a parent or guardian; and
- are not ineligible under clause 23, which applies to individuals with certain existing relationships to us.
- Entry into this Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
How to enter:
- To enter, individuals must do all of the following:
- follow Liberty Financial on Instagram (@liberty_freethinking); and
- "like" the Instagram Competition post; and
- tag two friends in the comments field
- Multiple entries are permitted. Individuals are able to comment more than once on the Instagram Competition post as additional entries, as long as the friends tagged have not been tagged by the individual in any of their previous entries.
- Each comment tagging two friends on the “liked” Instagram Competition post will be counted as one entry (even if the individual has tagged more than two friends in that comment).
- Sharing of the Instagram Competition post and tagging us (@liberty_freethinking), either to an individual’s Instagram story or as a post on the individual’s Instagram page, in addition to a valid entry will be counted as a bonus additional entry.
- All entries must be submitted by a natural person, and automated entries, unauthorised entries and/or entries by persons using an alias are invalid.
- There are 10 x Melbourne Renegades jerseys to give away, each valued at $134. Each jersey can be personalised using up to 14 characters for the name and 2 characters for the number.
- We will select 10 winners in accordance with clauses 13-16.
- All prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash other than in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Competition. The prizes must be taken as offered and may not be varied.
Prize Draw and Winner Notification
- We will randomly draw the 10 winners of the Melbourne Renegades personalised jersey prize at 9am (AEDT) on Monday 8 November 2021, from entries received prior to 11.59pm (AEDT) on Sunday 7 November 2021.
- We will announce the winners of the competition via an Instagram story post on Monday 8 November 2021 and notify each winner via Instagram direct message.
- Each winner must accept their prize before 5:00 pm (AEDT) on Friday 12 November by:
- Responding to our Instagram direct message; or
- Calling us on 13 11 33 and asking to speak to marketing.
- If a winner has not accepted the prize within:
- the timeframe in clause 15; or
- such timeframe that we impose on a winner redrawn under this clause, then that winner will forfeit the prize and we will award the prize by redrawing a winner in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Winners under the age of 18 must provide evidence of consent to accept their prize from a parent or guardian to our reasonable satisfaction.
- Each winner is responsible for understanding and complying with their taxation obligations in relation to the prizes.
- Entrants consent to us, and our related entities using their information for the following purposes in addition to the conduct of the competition:
- Promotion of products and services, including products or services that we distribute; and
- Conducting research, and planning or developing product and marketing strategies.
- Entrants agree that if they win the competition, we may use their name, likeness, image and/or voice in (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this or any other competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by us or our related entities.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of an entrant, we reserve the right in our sole discretion, to determine the identity or details of the entrant.
- Each entrant acknowledges that we can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if we only learn of an entrant’s ineligibility to enter after we have awarded a prize to the ineligible entrant. Return of a prize or payment of its equivalent value to us can be required to us if this occurs.
- Our employees (and their immediate families) and those of our related entities, or of any other organisation associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin. Related entity means related within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth).
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond our control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or our reputation or the reputation of this Competition, we may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition, subject to regulatory approval, if required.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including their eligibility to enter) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who interferes improperly in the administration, integrity or conduct of the Competition or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Our failure or omission to enforce any of our rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, we (including our respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, we (including our officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under our control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by us) due to any reason beyond our reasonable control;
- any tax liability incurred by a winning entrant; or
- use/taking of a prize.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram.
- Any entrant who, in our reasonable opinion, tampers or interferes with the entry, judging or announcement process, or in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardizes or is likely to jeopardize the fair or proper conduct of the Competition, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
- The laws of Australia apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- Our decisions in relation to this Competition are final and we reserve the right to not respond to any communication disputing or disparaging their decisions.
- For any further information relating to this Competition please contact us: Liberty Financial Pty Ltd ABN 55 077 248 983 of 16/535 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000 phone 13 11 33.
Competitions and Privacy
We are Liberty Financial Pty Ltd ABN 55 077 248 983.
When you enter our competitions, we collect the personal information you provide. If you win a competition, we may collect further information about you.
We use your information to administer the competition, fulfil the prize and to promote our products and services and those of our partners. We may also use your personal information to conduct research and plan and develop product and marketing strategies, and any other purpose explained in the competition terms and conditions.
Without some or all of this information, we may not be able to enter you into the competition or provide the prize.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Entities who assist us in administering the competition and fulfilling the prize, and other prize suppliers and deliverers
- Marketing, research, and communications agencies
- Our related companies, who will use and disclose it for similar purposes as us
- The authorities responsible for the regulation of gaming and lotteries and other government agencies, where applicable, and
- Other parties where required by law
We will publish the competition winners’ names as provided in the terms and conditions in accordance with relevant gaming and lottery legislation.
We will not disclose your information overseas in the course of the competition.