Terms and Conditions
- This competition (Competition) is conducted by Liberty Network Services Pty Ltd ABN 65 151 158 628 of 16/535 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, (Tel 13 11 33) Australian Credit Licence 408042 (Promoter).
- This Competition commences at 8:00am (AEDST) 1 December 2020 and closes at 5:00pm on 29 April 2021.
- This Competition is only open to individuals who:
- are residents of New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Northern Territory, Western Australia, Tasmania and the Australian Capital Territory;
- are aged 18 years or older;
- have not breached these Terms and Conditions; and
- are not deemed to be associates of the Promoter under clause 19.
- Entry into this Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
How to enter:
- To enter, individuals must during the promotional period settle a home, personal, car or commercial loan with Liberty Adviser, Jamie Presland.
- Each loan counts as a single entry.
- Entry is only as described in clause 5 and no entry will be accepted by the Promoter in any other form.
Prize Draw and Winner Notification
- The Promoter shall draw the prize electronically at 9:00am on Friday 30 April 2021 (Winning Date).
- The Promotor shall notify the winner in writing and by telephone on the Winning Date.
- The winner must confirm acceptance of the Prize in writing (email is sufficient) by 5:00pm on Friday 7 May 2021. The winner acknowledges that acceptance of the Prize gives the Promoter the rights to use the winner’s image and other attributes for promotional purposes set out in clause 18.
If the winner has not accepted the prize by that time, the prize is forfeited. A draw for an unclaimed prize may take place on Monday 10 May 2021 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter will notify the winner in writing and by telephone.
- The prize is accommodation for two adults only at Mantra PortSea, Port Douglas Resort for one period of five consecutive nights between 8 May 2021 and 7 May 2022. The total prize pool for this Competition is valued at a maximum of $800. Travel costs, transfers, excursions, meals and drinks are not included in the prize. Any outstanding monies owed to Mantra Resort in Portsea will need to be paid at checkout.
- The prize must be booked at least 28 days in advance of the winner’s arrival by contacting Liberty Adviser, Jamie Presland: 0411 683 332 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The prize (or any unused portion of the prize) is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. The prize must be taken as offered and may not be varied. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize during the period referred to in clause 11 within one year, the prize will be forfeited subject to clause 14.
- If the prize was available when booked but becomes unavailable at the time of booking as a result of a COVID-19 related restriction, the Promoter will take reasonable steps to make the Prize available at a later date. If it is not reasonably possible to make the Prize available at a later date, or if the prize becomes unavailable for some other reason not the fault of the Winner, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The winner is responsible for understanding and complying with their taxation obligations in relation to the prize.
- By entering this Competition, entrants agree that they will undertake such steps as are reasonably required by the Promoter to take delivery of the prize and acknowledge that the prize will not be available until these requirements have been met to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter and its related entities using their information for the following purposes in addition to the conduct of the competition:
- Promotion of their products and services, and any products or services that they distribute; and
- Conducting research, and planning or developing product and marketing strategies.
- Entrants agree that if they win the competition and accept the Prize, the Promoter may use their name, likeness, image and/or voice in (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this or any other competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related entities.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or its related entities, or of any other organisation involved in this Competition are deemed to be associates of the Promoter and are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin. Related entity means related within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth).
- The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
- Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of an entrant’s ineligibility to enter after the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible entrant. Return of a prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter can be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or the reputation of this Competition or that of the Promoter, the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition, subject to regulatory approval, if required.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including their eligibility to enter) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, who interferes improperly in the administration, integrity or conduct of the Competition or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies, or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoters control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third-party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any tax liability incurred by a winning entrant; or
- use/taking of a prize.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism or draw in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardizes or is likely to jeopardize the fair or proper conduct of the Competition, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- The laws of Australia apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The Promoter’s decisions in relation to this Competition are final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into in relation to any aspect of this Competition.
- For any further information relating to this Competition please contact the Promoter: Liberty Network Services Pty Ltd ABN 65 151 158 628 of 16/535 Bourke St, Melbourne VIC 3000 phone 13 11 33