Terms and Conditions
- This competition (Competition) is conducted in Australia by Liberty Financial Pty Ltd ABN 55 077 248 983 of 16/535 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria, (Tel 13 11 33) (Promoter) Australian Credit Licence No. 286596 (Liberty Financial).
- The Major Prize Indemnifier is Sports & Events Marketing Ltd, PO Box 62162, Sylvia Park, Auckland, New Zealand (Major Prize Indemnifier).
- This Competition commences at 8:00am (AEDST) 10 February 2017 and closes on the earlier of:'
- the time a Major Prize winner is notified in accordance with clause 12; or
- 4:59pm (AESDT) on 10 December 2017 (Promotional Period).
- This Competition is only open to individuals who:
- are Australian residents;
- are aged 18 years or older; and
- have not breached these Terms and Conditions.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, or any of their agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- Entry into this Competition is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter’s decision not to enforce a specific restriction does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or of these Terms and Conditions generally.
- Each entrant acknowledges that the Promoter can rely on these Terms and Conditions even if the Promoter only learns of an entrant’s ineligibility to enter after the Promoter has awarded a Prize to the ineligible entrant. Return of a Prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter can be required by the Promoter if this occurs.
How to Enter:
- To enter the Major Prize Draw, individuals must during the promotional period visit the promotional website at www.liberty.com.au/wincash-terms and:
- Follow the links to the promotional entry page, inputthe requested details (including their full name and a valid email address), and submit a fully completed entry form;
- After following the prompts, participants will be asked to guess exactly (in the correct sequence), the six (6) Emoji (a small digital image or icon used to express an idea or emotion in electronic communication) from a choice of 35 presented Emoji icons.
- The winning entry will correctly guess the 6 Emoji sequence code to match a 6 Emoji sequence pre-selected by the Major Prize Indemnifier.
- Only one entry permitted per person and unique email address.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Entries may only be submitted online and in the correct form as described in clause 8 and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form.
Winner Notification and Consolation Prize:
- The first valid entrant to correctly guess the correct 6 Emoji sequence in the correct sequence during the Promotional Period will win the Major Prize. The winner will be notified immediately on screen if they have guessed the correct 6 Emoji sequence. The winner will also be notified in writing and by telephone and their name will be published in Australian Newspaper 2 business days after the winning date on the Liberty Financial Website www.liberty.com.au for a period of 28 days.
- This Competition will immediately cease upon any Major Prize winner being determined and notified in accordance with clause 12.
- Only one (1) Major Prize will be awarded should more than one winning code be validly entered. The Promoter is not under any obligation to award a Major Prize if a valid entrant does not correctly guess 6 Emoji sequence as set out in clause 12 during the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter will hold a sealed security envelope containing the 6 Emoji sequence pre-selected by the Major Prize Indemnifier.
- In the event that the 6 Emoji sequence is NOT correctly guessed by the end of the Promotional Period, both of the following will occur:
- a representative of the Promoter will open the sealed security envelope at 5:00pm (AEDST) on 16 December 2017 at the Promoter’s offices at 16/535 Bourke Street, Melbourne, Victoria. The representative will enter the enclosed correct 6 Emoji sequence into the ‘6 Emoji sequence’ promotional website www.liberty.com.au/wincash-terms. The winning 6 Emoji sequence will be verified by the software and the result will be displayed on the screen, the entire process will be recorded and then made available on the Liberty Financial website (www.liberty.com.au) and the Liberty Financial Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/liberty.social) for anyone to view.
- A Consolation Prize will be awarded to the entrant who submits the closest match to the pre-selected Emoji sequence during the Promotional Period. This process will be carried out at 2:00pm (AESDT) on 16 December 2017 at Flow Marketing Pty Ltd, 403 Pakington St Newtown VIC 3220. The competition will only award one (1) Consolation Prize. Should more than one closest match sequence be submitted, the entry received earliest to the Competition start date will be the winner of the Consolation Prize.
- For the purpose of clause 17(b), the ‘closest match’ means the entry with the most correct Emjois in their sequential ordering.
- The winner of the Consolation Prize will be notified by telephone and emailed within two business days of the date of the Major Prize draw, and their name will appear on the Liberty Financial Website www.liberty.com.au for a period of 28 days from 18 December 2017.
- A draw for any unclaimed prizes may take place on 18 March 2018 at the same time and place as the original draws, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw.
- The Major Prize is $20,000.00 (AUD) cash.
- The Consolation Prize $1,000.00 (AUD) cash.
- Prizes (or any unused portion of a prize) are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and may not be varied. If for any reason a winner does not take a Prize (or part of a prize) by the time stipulated by Liberty Financial, then the Prize (or part of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, Liberty Financial, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- Total prize pool value is up to AUD $21,000 incl. GST.
- All entries must be submitted by a natural person and any automated entries, fraudulent entries or entries by persons using an alias shall be invalid.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation due to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or the reputation of this Competition or that of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Competition, subject to regulatory approval, if required.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including their eligibility to enter) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who otherwise tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity or details of the entrant.
- By entering this Competition entrants agree that if he or she correctly guesses 6 Emoji sequence, he or she will undertake such steps as are required by Liberty Financial, and the Major Prize Indemnifier to enable the payment of the $20,000 and acknowledges that the $20,000 will not be available until these requirements have been met to the satisfaction of the Major Prize Indemnifier.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, each entrant must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Liberty Financial and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Liberty Financial (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Liberty Financial (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Liberty Financials control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Liberty Financial) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Liberty Financial; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winning entrant; or (e) use/taking of a prize.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism or draw in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardizes or is likely to jeopardize the fair or proper conduct of the Competition, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
- The laws of Australia apply to this Competition to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The Promoter’s decisions in relation to this Competition are final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into in relation any aspect of this Competition.
- For any further information relating to this Competition please contact the Promoter: Liberty Financial Pty Ltd ABN 55 077 248 983 of 16/535 Bourke St Melbourne VIC 3001 phone 13 11 33. Terms and conditions will be published and available for viewing at www.liberty.com.au/wincash-terms.
Authorised in Australia under permit number: New South Wales: LTPS/17/11716, ACT: TP 17/00317 SA 17/294