Liberty recognises that domestic and family violence is not uncommon and is a serious issue throughout the Australian community. It recognises that normal processes and procedures of lenders can disproportionately disadvantage customers who are affected by family violence.
Liberty is committed to addressing domestic and family violence by supporting customers and staff who are affected by it.
If you are affected by family violence you can expect us to:
- make your safety and privacy an absolute priority, including the protection of important personal information, including your location and contact information;
- adapt our communications to suit your circumstances;
- engage with you with appropriate empathy, sensitivity and flexibility;
- adjust our requirements where possible to prevent your vulnerability from disadvantaging you;
- recognise that financial hardship often confronts people affected by family violence and proactively assist you with access to financial hardship assistance; and
- train our staff to understand the issues facing you and equip them to refer you to specialist support where that may assist you.