At Liberty, we know that life doesn’t always go according to plan. If you have lost your job, your income has reduced, you’ve suffered an illness or injury, or you’ve been affected by a natural disaster like a bushfire, flood or COVID-19, financial support is available.
The financial wellbeing of our customers is our top priority. Helping to manage the stress that can result from an unexpected event is something we take very seriously.
We have a range of support measures tailored to meet your individual circumstances. If you are a homeowner, a property investor, business owner or have a personal loan, we are here to help.
Our team of financial support specialists is based in Australia and we are experienced in assisting our customers to navigate challenging times. Many of us have loans, families, goals, aspirations and firsthand experience with financial hardship. So, we understand.
Financial hardship affects people in different ways. Our approach is to work with you to understand your circumstances and develop a solution tailored to meet your needs.
Give us a call
We will take the time to listen and understand your situation and carefully consider how we can help you get back on course.
Please call us if:
- you’ve just missed a payment and are looking to catch up.
- you’ve suffered a reduction or loss of income.
- your circumstances have changed, and you’re concerned about making your loan repayments.
- you’ve been impacted by a natural disaster or COVID-19 and would like to know what assistance options are available to you.
We will ask you for some information to help us help you. This information is outlined in our Financial Hardship Notice.
If you’re a business needing funds to support working capital, Liberty is offering special Business Care loans with the support of the Australian Government. Click here for more information.
Did you know?
If you would like to know more before you call us, visit our frequently asked questions.
You may also find the following helpful:
- Department of Human Services website, www.humanservices.gov.au which provides information on crisis and special help available
- Money Smart website, www.moneysmart.gov.au which provides information on managing your finances
Financial counsellors, who can help you:
- Organise your finances and prepare a budget.
- Suggest ways to improve your financial situation.
- See if you are eligible for government assistance or early release of superannuation.
- With options and their consequences, including debt recovery procedures.
If you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed or experiencing mental health difficulties help is available from organisations such as Headspace, Life in Mind Australia, Lifeline Australia and through the Department of Health’s Head to Health platform.
If you are experiencing or feel at risk of domestic or family violence, please call the 24-hour hotline 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732) to obtain support.
Government Response to COVID-19 The Australian Government has several support and financial assistance initiatives for individuals and small businesses who find themselves in difficulty due to COVID-19.
Here are a few tips for where you can find further information and apply for this additional help:
- Regularly updated information from the Australian Government on COVID-19 can be found here: https://www.australia.gov.au/
- Information about The Australian Government’s Economic Response can be found via the Treasury website. This site includes measures for assisting individuals and businesses through this difficult time, including the Government’s stimulus package: https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus